Friday, January 29, 2010

I got to thinking today....

So like every morning I get up and head to the local corporate coffee chain that I work at but as I always do think about how there has to be somewhere in this area for me to cut hair (since God knows that is where I would rather be).

The following statement is a general statement and my opinion from experience:

Traditional barbering is very important and I think that sometimes the hair industry has the tendency to snub there nose at barbers . I personally have seen (and experienced) that barbers do not want to help train younger inexperienced barbers. I also feel that if we do not see older more experienced barbers step up and help train and teach younger guys then our trade will suffer!

Education is important!!! This is something I have learned from my wife who is a hairstylist. The more a person learns the better they are going to be at their craft...this is true in any trade but especially in the hair business. In traditional mens haircutting...a mens haircut is well - a mens haircut. What about those haircuts that would not be classified as "traditional" but more trend oriented are you going to turn them away.

What I am trying to get to is that "traditional" barbering and "modern" mens grooming should be able to go hand in hand....please not I am not talking about that whole wierd "metro-sexual" trend that popped up a few years ago. Seek out education even if it is through product companies like (I know they are just trying to sell there product but you can learn something from 'em)...Find other barbers who have something to teach you. It is the best way to better yourself.

I really hope this made sense...it made sense in my head!
Cheers
Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment