Saturday, June 30, 2012

Imperial Barber Grade Products

    So if you are a product company and your tag line is "MADE TO WORK: Made By Barber.Made To Work.Made In The U.S.A" you better have a good product!!

    I have been one who believes that some of the best products come from the people who use them and I am not talking about the consumer but the barber. A perfect example is the barber who makes his own pomade is not just about haveing something to sell and make money on but they have found it important because there is something in there pomade that they have not found in other products. This really how IMPERIAL came into being.

    When my package of IMPERIAL samples showed up I was really excited to see what all they were kind enough to send me. I cracked open the envelope and there was a pre-shave oil and aftershave.There was also in little what seemed like 1/2 ounce conatiners of there pomades styles including there original "Classic Pomade", "Fiber Grease", "Gel Pomade" and their "Matter Pomade Paste". They also sent me a sample of there "Pre-Shave Oil" and the "Bergamot After-Shave"
.
    So I think I am going to start with the shave products. I use a pre-shave oil not only on myself but on all my customers who come into the shop for a shave. This lavender scented oil is not overly greasy and is great before the straight razor shave and a hot towel or you can use it when you are shaving at home with (or without) shave cream. I am kind of torn on the aftershave for one reason only...I am a sucker for bay-rum aftershave!!! The great thing about this aftershave is that it has a soothing element that a lot of aftershave do not have.

    Not to tackle the hair products. We have 4 solid products a couple od them I like and a couple I will not use a lot. I have never been a fan of pomade creams or paste and it is mainly because of the lack of hold. Today I did use the Cream pomade on a kid at the shop and it is alright for that messy short look. I did not think I was going to like the Fiber Grease especially since it is not a super stong hold  but it seems to be pretty pliable. Gel Pomade is a medium hold but I was not a fan of the texture. The Classic Pomade is where it all started is water based with a strong hold. The texture is a little different then that of other water based pomades and is a little stiffer as well, but still a solid pomade.

    The only thing some people may have issue with is the price point. The pomades are all around $20, the aftershave is $10 and the shave oil is $12. Do not let this turn you away from at least trying out some of there products. For more information hit up the IMPERIAL site or there home shop RAZORBACKS BARBERSHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment