Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wishing Everyone A Very Merry Christmas

    So it is Christmas time and I have not been as busy as I would like to be. I know some shops keep wicked busy some do not but we all have to work hard during the holiday season so that our customers look sharp for Christmas pictures and time with the family.

   I am going to be honest about something today. Last week was my birthday and I turned 39 and it was a tough week because not only was the shop I work in really slow and I was feeling like I was going nowhere in the shop I am in, not making enough money to provide for my family...etc.

   Yesterday I had to take a step back and look at one of the above issues (I still got some things to figure out going onto the new year) and that is the amount of money I am making and this is what I realized and I think sometimes anyone in the service industry who also lives on our tips has to remember something. Sometimes we make little or no tips for 1 of three reasons 1) crappy service: I really hope this is not the issue for you because I know I work hard to make sure all my customers are happy. 2) Cheap Bastards!: Welcome to life. Sometimes there are just dudes out there who are just cheap and that is one of those things you can not change.3) We Are All In The Same Boat: The people that come into our shops and sit in our chairs they work just as hard as we do, raise families like we do and we have to appreciate each and every customer.

    So as I finish this I would like to take a minute to thank every person who steps foot into our barbershop here in Visalia,Ca Thank you for your support and your patronage. We would not be who we are without you guys.

   To all the barbers, all the shop out there who work there buts off to provide great service to there customer, take pride in there trade and still continue to love what they do......MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

   Another blog that makes sense as I type it...Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment